This Terms and Conditions of Use was posted on April 19, 2021 and is effective for new and existing users of Nera websites on April 19, 2021.
NERA, the footwear and apparel trading branch of Danway International Limited, which is based in Hong Kong, fully owns and operates the e-commerce website www.nerashop.com; and all other current and future products and service offerings we make available, including any products services, and content provided in collaboration with our partners (collectively, the “Services”).
Please note the summaries in shaded boxes at the top of most sections are provided to make the Terms easier to understand. In the event of a conflict between any summary and any section of the Terms, the Terms will control.
1. Use of the Services and Your Account
1.1 Who can use the Nera Services
NERA welcomes customers of all ages, but you must be at least 18 to shop on the NERA website.
You must be at least 18 to use the online shop Nera (unless otherwise specified in the International Terms section applicable to specific jurisdictions). If you are between the ages of 13-18, you may use our other Services (such as our configurator) only with the supervision and consent of a parent or guardian. No individual under these age limits may use the Services, provide any Personal Data to NERA, or otherwise submit Personal Data through the Services (e.g., a name, address, telephone number, or email address).
1.2 Your Account
You need to create a NERA online account to access the Services, and it's important that the information associated with your account is accurate and up-to-date (particularly your email address - if you ever forget your password, a working email address is often the only way for us to verify your identity and help you log back in).
You may need to register for a Nera account to access or use certain Services, such as purchasing our products. Your account may also automatically provide you access and means to use any new Services.
When you create an account for any of our Services, you must provide us with accurate and complete information as prompted by the account creation and registration process, and keep that information up to date. Otherwise, some of our Services may not operate correctly, and we may not be able to contact you with important notices.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any and all actions that take place while using your account, and must notify our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org right away of any actual or suspected loss, theft, or unauthorized use of your account or account password. We are not responsible for any loss that results from unauthorized use of your username and password.
If you are a resident of the European Union: You have the right to delete your account with us by contactingour Support Team at email@example.com. If you choose to permanently delete your account, the non-public Personal Data that we have associated with your account will also be deleted.
1.3 Service Updates, Changes and Limitations
Our Services are constantly evolving. With the launch of new products, services, and features, we need the flexibility to make changes, impose limits, and occasionally suspend or terminate certain Services. We may also update our Services, which might not work properly if you don't install the updates.
The Services change frequently, and their form and functionality may change without prior notice to you.
We may provide updates (including automatic updates) for certain Services as and when we see fit. This may include upgrades, modifications, bug fixes, patches and other error corrections and/or new features (collectively, “Updates”). Certain portions of our Services may not properly operate if you do not install all Updates. You acknowledge and agree that the Service may not work properly if you do not allow such Updates and you expressly consent to automatic Updates. Further, you agree that the Terms (and any additional modifications of the same) will apply to any and all Updates to the Services. We may change, suspend, or discontinue any or all of the Services at any time, including the availability of any product, feature, database, or Content. In addition, we have no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality of any Service. We may also impose limits on certain Services or restrict your access to part or all of the Services without notice or liability.
1.4 Service Monitoring and Suspension
We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Services to anyone, and can monitor, terminate or suspend your account or access to the Services at any time.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor any accounts and/or activities conducted through or in any way related to the Services (including inviting a fellow user into a community or group), as well as any user’s use of or access to Personal Data, and profiles of other users.
We may also deactivate, terminate or suspend your account or access to certain Services at any time: (1) if we, in our sole discretion, determine you are or have been in violation of these Terms or the spirit thereof (as highlighted in our Community Guidelines), (2) if we, in our sole discretion, determine you have created risk or possible legal exposure for NERA, the general public, any third party, or any user of our Services, (3) in response to requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (4) upon discontinuation or material modification of any Services, or (5) due to unexpected technical issues or problems. We will endeavor to notify you by email or the next time you attempt to access your account after any such deactivation, termination or suspension.
Please let us know right away if you believe your account has been hacked or compromised.
We care about the security of our users. While we work hard to protect the security of your Personal Data, User-Generated Content, and account, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately of any actual or suspected breach or unauthorized access or use of your account.
- Ownership and Use of Content
Content is what shows up on your display when you use our Services. User-Generated Content is any Content that is created by you or other users, and NERA Content is all other Content.
For purposes of these Terms, (i) “Content” means any form of information, data or creative expression and includes, without limitation, video, audio, photographs, images, illustrations, animations, tools, text, ideas, communications, replies, “likes,” comments, software, scripts, executable files, graphics, maps, routes, geo-data, interactive features, designs, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, branding, logos, and other similar assets, patents, sounds, applications and any intellectual property therein, any of which may be generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services; (ii) “User-Generated Content” means any Content that a user submits, transfers, or otherwise provides to or through the use of the Services; and (iii) “NERA Content” means all Content that is not User-Generated Content.
You own the Content that you create, and we own the Content that we create.
All NERA Content and all copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Services belong to NERA and/or its partners or applicable third parties. Each user retains ownership, responsibility for, and/or other applicable rights in the User-Generated Content that he/she creates, but grants a license of that User Generated Content to NERA as explained in Section 2.5 below. NERA and/or its partners or third parties retain ownership, responsibility for and/or other applicable rights in all NERA Content. Except as expressly provided in the Terms, nothing grants you a right or license to use any NERA Content, including any content owned or controlled by any of our partners or other third parties. You agree not to duplicate, publish, display, distribute, modify, or create derivative works from the material presented through the Services unless specifically authorized in writing by NERA.
2.3 Our License to You
You are welcome to access and use the NERA Content and Services. We work hard to provide a great experience for our users, so please respect our intellectual property rights and only use the NERA Content and Services as intended. This includes not using any NERA Content or Services for commercial purposes without our permission.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, revocable, personal, non-transferable, and non-exclusive right and license to access and use the Services and NERA Content for your own personal, non-commercial purposes, provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in, transfer or otherwise commercially exploit any right in the NERA Content or Services. Such as (but not limited to), modifying the colour and design of the NERA shoes you have purchased.
2.4 Acceptable Usage Guidelines
- 2.4.1 NERA Content. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or authorized by NERA, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Services, the Services’ software, or any NERA Content offered as part of the Services (other than User-Generated Content), in whole or in part. You shall not download, copy, or save NERA Content, except (i) as expressly permitted by the functionality of certain Services (e.g., printed maps) as provided for in the specific guidelines and/or additional terms applicable to those Services, or (ii) solely for personal use or your records.
- 2.4.2 Commercial Usage of the Services. The Services are intended only for your personal, non-commercial use. You shall not use the Services to sell a product or service, increase traffic to your own website or a third-party website for commercial reasons (such as advertising sales), or otherwise undertake any endeavour aimed at deriving revenue. For example, you shall not take the results from a search of the Services and reformat and display them, or mirror our home pages or results pages on your website. Moreover, you shall not “meta-search” our Services. If you seek to make commercial use of the Services, you must enter into an agreement with us to do so in advance.
- 2.4.3 Linking to the Services. If you would like to link to our Services on your website or application, please follow these rules: (i) any link to the Services must be a text only link clearly marked “NERA” (without the use of any other trademark, logo copyright or any other intellectual property asset owned or controlled by NERA) or in some other format directed by NERA, (ii) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not damage or dilute the goodwill associated with our marks, (iii) the link must “point” to the root domain name of the Services and not to other pages within the Services, (iv) the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, or associated with NERA, (v) when selected, the link must display the Service on full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linking website or service, and (vi) NERA reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and in its sole discretion, and upon our notification to you of such revocation of consent, you agree to promptly remove the relevant link.
2.5 Your License to Us
When you post Content in connection with the Services, it belongs to you - however, you're giving us permission to use that Content in connection with our Services and make the Content available to others. We can edit or remove your Content from our Services at any time for any reason. Don't post any content that is not yours or that you do not have permission to post.
When you provide User-Generated Content to NERA through the Services, you grant NERA and our users a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, freely transferable, sublicensable, worldwide right and license to use, host, store, cache, reproduce, publish, display (publicly or otherwise), perform (publicly or otherwise), distribute, transmit, modify, adapt (including, without limitation, in order to conform to the requirements of any networks, devices, services, or media through which the Services are available), commercialize, create derivative works of, and otherwise exploit such User-Generated Content in connection with any and all Services. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) we have the right to arrange the posting of User-Generated Content in any way we desire; (b) NERA has no obligation to provide you with any credit when using your User-Generated Content, but if NERA chooses to provide you with credit, the size and placement of the credit is at our sole discretion; and © you are not entitled to any compensation or other payment from us in connection with the use of your User-Generated Content.
We reserve the right to monitor, remove or modify User-Generated Content for any reason and at any time, including User-Generated Content we believe violates these Terms, the Community Guidelines, and/or our policies.
You agree you will respect the intellectual property rights of others. You represent and warrant you have all the necessary rights to grant NERA the foregoing license for all User-Generated Content you submit in connection with the Services and will indemnify us for any breach of this representation and warranty.
2.6 Spreading the Word
If you share someone else's personal information with us, you must first get their permission.
We hope you enjoy using our Services and encourage you to share your enthusiasm for them with your friends. If you elect to use the features in our Services to tell a friend about the Services, we will ask you to provide your friend’s email address or social media profile, which we may then use to contact your friend about the Services. We may store the information you provide for a period of time, but we will not post this information publicly. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide any third-party contact information that you provide to us for referrals and will indemnify us for any breach of this representation and warranty.
2.7 Content Retention
Please keep in mind that when you make something publicly available on the Internet, it becomes practically impossible to take down all copies of it in the future.
- Community Guidelines
3.1 Community Guidelines
Our Services are intended to be a safe and supportive environment to help you reach your fitness and wellness goals. You cannot use our services to post inappropriate material, harass people, send spam, violate intellectual property rights, or act inappropriately. Be reasonable and act responsibly.
Our Services are intended to create a safe and supportive community for all users. To maintain a safe and positive environment, we require everyone to agree to and follow certain rules (the “Community Guidelines”) when posting User-Generated Content and using the Services. Our Community Guidelines are based in many instances on principles of applicable law. Violations of our Community Guidelines accordingly may expose you to criminal charges and civil liability. By using the Services you agree that your User-Generated Content and use of the Services, including without limitation the Interactive Areas, will not violate the Community Guidelines. If you violate the Community Guidelines, we reserve the right to terminate your access to the Services.
- No Inappropriate Content. Don’t post Content that is stalking, threatening, hurtful, harassing, abusive, or embarrassing to other members of the community. No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community. Don’t post Content that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, or that promotes sexually explicit material. You can respectfully disagree with a message, post or topic, but please do not attack other users by mocking or insulting them. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you may also be subject to the same consequences.
- No Hijacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting. If you are participating in our forums, please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hijacking. This includes posts that provoke or are intended to incite uproar.
- No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders. Use of the Services to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted. Accordingly, please do not contribute the following types of Content, which may be removed without warning:
- Content intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM.
- Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving.
- Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness.
- No Harm to Minors. Don’t use the Services in a way that harms minors (or anyone, really).
- No Disruptions, Exploits, or Resource Abuse. Do not interfere with or damage operation of the Services, including through unauthorized use, disruption, automated attacks, exploitation, or abuse of our resources
- No Sending Spam and Junk Mail. Don’t spam people via posts, replies, or messages.
- No Illegal Content. Don’t advocate, promote, or assist any fraudulent or illegal act (e.g., violence, impersonation and computer misuse).
- No Soliciting Personal Data. Please don’t post or solicit Personal Data regarding or from any third party, including photographs, telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, email addresses and passwords in the Interactive Areas.
- No Public Posting of Private Conversations. Don’t publicly post an email or private message from any other user, moderator or administrator.
- No Breach of Legal Duty. Don’t post Content in breach of any contractual or other legal duty owed to a third party.
- No Deceptive or Fraudulent Links. Don’t post deceptive or fraudulent links. This includes links with misleading descriptions, putting the wrong “source” field in a post, setting misleading click-through links on images, or embedding links to interstitial or pop-up ads.
- No Intellectual Property Infringement. Respect the intellectual property of others. If you aren’t allowed to use someone else’s proprietary work or likeness (either by license or by legal exceptions and limitations such as fair use), please don’t post it. In particular, if you have any reason to believe User-Generated Content you see on our Services is infringing your intellectual property or the intellectual property of others, please see the Intellectual Property/DMCA section of our Terms.
- No Impersonating NERA or Others. Don’t post Content that is likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, including with NERA. Creating an account for the purposes of deceiving other users or to work around a suspension is not permitted and will be grounds for a permanent ban from the Services.
- No Automated Querying. Do not send automated queries of any sort to the systems and networks we use to provide the Services without our express written permission.
- Other. Don’t post Content that contains anything that, in NERA’s sole determination, is objectionable or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Services, or that may expose NERA or our users to any harm or liability of any kind. Don’t post content that may damage or dilute the goodwill associated with NERA or our marks.
If we determine you are violating the Community Guidelines or otherwise have breached the Terms, we may take actions to address the issue, including, but not limited to, terminating your right to use the Services, removing your User-Generated Content, taking legal action against you (in which case you agree that we may recover reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees) or disclosing information to law enforcement authorities. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, these Community Guidelines in our sole discretion, and they don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner.
- Intellectual Property/ DMCA
We respect intellectual property laws. If anything is wrong, please send an email with all the details to email@example.com
If you believe NERA Content infringes copyright or trademark under Hong Kong or other national law, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided herein. It is our policy to investigate any allegations of infringement brought to our attention. Please provide us with the following information in your notice of a suspected violation:
- Identification of the material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party (the “Notifying Party”), including name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the material that has been allegedly infringed.
Your notice must be signed (physically or electronically) and must be addressed as follows:
Danway International Limited
6/F., Greenwich Centre
260 King's Road
North Point, Hong Kong
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your notice may not be valid. Some information provided in a notice of infringement may be forwarded to the user who posted the allegedly infringing content. In the U.S., under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability. Please see www.copyright.gov for more information about how to prepare or respond to a DMCA notice and/or www.uspto.gov/trademark for more information about trademark rights.
- Third Party Links and Services
Our Services may link to, interact with or be available on third-party services or products such as social media and third-party devices. If you access such third-party services or products, be aware that different terms and privacy policies apply to your usage of such services.
5.1 Social Networking and Logins
- Limitation of Liability
We are building the best Services we can for you but we can't promise they will be perfect. We're not liable for various things that could go wrong as a result of your use of the Services.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances (including, without limitation, negligence) shall NERA, Danway International Limited be liable to you or any third party for (a) any indirect, incidental, special, reliance, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever; (b) loss of profits, revenue, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses; © damages relating to your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (d) damages relating to any conduct or content of any third party or user of the Services, including without limitation, defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct or content; and/or (e) damages in any manner relating to any Third-Party Content, Third-party Products or Third-Party Activities accessed via the Services. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, this limitation applies to all claims, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, whether or not NERA, Danway International Limited has been informed of the possibility of such damage, and further where a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed its essential purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the total liability of NERA, Danway International Limited, for any claim under these Terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the greater of one thousand dollars (us $1,000.00) or the amount you paid us to use the applicable Service(s) in the past twelve months.
In particular, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not liable for any claims arising out of (a) your use of the Services (including but not limited to your participation in any activities promoted by or accessed via the Services), (b) the use, disclosure, display, or maintenance of a user’s Personal Data, © any other interactions with us or any other users of the Services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (d) other Content, information, services or goods received through or advertised on the Services or received through any links provided with the Services.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you acknowledge and agree that we offer the Services and set the Services’ prices in reliance upon the warranty disclaimers, releases, and limitations of liability set forth in the Terms, that these warranty disclaimers, releases, and limitations of liability reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between you and form an essential basis of the bargain between you and us. We would not be able to provide the Services to you on an economically reasonable basis without these warranty disclaimers, releases, and limitations of liability.
If you are a resident of California: You waive your rights with respect to California Civil Code Section 1542, which says “a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
If you are a resident of New Jersey: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our responsibility for losses or damages caused by NERA, or Danway International Limited’s own fraud, recklessness, gross negligence or willful misconduct.
If you are a resident of the United States: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold NERA, and Danway International Limited, its subsidiaries, suppliers and other partners harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable accounting and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) the User-Generated Content you access or share through the Services; (b) your use of the Services, © your athletic activities in connection with the Services (including, but not limited to, athletic activities in connection with any contests, races, group activities, Third-Party Activities or other events that we may sponsor, organize, participate in, or where the Services are employed), (d) your connection to the Services, (e) your violation of these Terms, (f) your use or misuse of any user’s Personal Data, (g) any violation of the rights of any other person or entity by you, or (h) your employment of the Services to meet another user in person or to locate and attend any offline place or event. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us under the Terms, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
If you are a resident of New Jersey: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, nothing in these Terms imposes an obligation for you to indemnify us from claims arising out of NERA, or Danway International Limited’s own fraud, recklessness, gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- Contact Us
If you have any feedback, questions or comments about the Services, please contact our Support Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org , by mail at: Danway International Limited, 6/F., Greenwich Centre, 260 King's Road, North Point (Hong Kong), and include the subject as “Attn: Legal - Terms and Conditions of Use”. Please be sure to include in any email or postal mail your full name, email address, postal address, and any message.